Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday 13: California Dreamin' Edition


Cannot believe that vacation is just over two weeks away and I am stoked!� Especially given that the weather there this week is in the 70s and we are sweating our asses off here this week!



So, 13 things I am looking forward to about vacation!



1.� No humidity!� Love heat but can do without humidity especially with the dose of it we have been getting lately!



2.� Deep sea fishing.� My sister in law got us tickets and it is something we have never done before.� I am not so anxious to fish as I am to be on the water!



3.� Being near the ocean for more than a few hours.� It is my very favorite place to be ever.



4. Watch a sunset at La Jolla Cove.� I have read that they are magnificent.



5.� Stroll along Seaport Village in San Diego.� Lots of window shopping.



6.� Don't know if this one will happen for me, but I would love to have a run in Mission Bay Park.� Lots of trails for walking, biking and running apparently and it looks beautiful.



7. See family.



8.� Would love to scuba dive at La Jolla, but it is again a pipe dream.



9.� Have drinks and dinner with my two friends, Gina and Renee from elementary school. I am incredibly excited about this.



10.� Check out the tide pools at low tide in Point Loma.� I love this kind of stuff.



11.� Have a bonfire on the beach.� I have always wanted to do this.



12.� Go whale and dolphin watching.� I have not done this in years and it is one of my favorite things to do.



13.� See Monrovia, the town where I grew up.� Would especially like to see my two houses and my old Lutheran school.



T minus 16 days!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others� comments. It�s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants




2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful vacation - I love the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from a week on Cape Cod...it was magnificent! Enjoy your vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete