Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Day of Insanity


So my morning started out with�a call from my mother.� She'd had a bad night with her ear and wanted me to call the doctor to see if she could have more pain meds.� I explained to her that the doctor was probably going to want to see her and she became tearful and stated she didn't want to go as every time she goes there, they hurt her.� I agreed to call to see what they would do and my hunch proved correct as the doc wanted to see her.� Fact is, she should no longer be having ear pain, so as she was, he needed to find out what was going on.� I called her back and got instant tears and a flat out refusal to go.� Helpless, I called the doc's office back and the doctor actually got on the phone with me.� I tried to make him understand that though all he was saying was making sense, about how he needed to check her ear, I was dealing with an 81 year old child this morning who was refusing to see him.



The Brit finally called her and told her she needed to go, so we picked her up and took her back to Frederick.� Thankfully, with The Brit with us, he went back with her, so I could wait in the waiting room.� Fact is, I am really bad at seeing someone I care about in pain; I just don't have the stomach for it.� And when she is crying and in pain, I just don't fare well.�



It is so true that when we reach�a certain age, we become the parents.� It is, however, a hard pill to swallow.��



� From there, Aaron had therapy this afternoon and I managed to get laundry almost done.� It would have been completely done but when I asked youngest son to go downstairs and switch over the laundry loads, I did not specify TURNING ON THE DRYER.� Yes, when you are raising men, you need to be very specific apparently.



No workout today; no time, but after two days in a row of running, my body was due for�a break.� So tonight it has been tv and wine, and chillin'.



Happy weekend, peeps!




1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, you've really had a tough week with your Mom... I'm so sorry! I hope that it will start coming together soon and you can get on the other side of all this mess. I'll be praying for all of you!

    I love the new look - and the blue!!!

    ReplyDelete