Thursday, January 28, 2010

Livin' Off Carbs, I'm Loco


You know, we are always learning new things about ourselves, aren't we?

This insane week, what I have learned is that when I am tired and burning the candle at both ends, I do some serious carbing!  I mean wow! 

I have been chewing on this:



And these....



So thankfully it is not cookies or chocolate, but still!  I don't know if my brain is trying to convince me that tired must be fueled by empty calories or what, but enough already!  Only one more day!

Bus training has been interesting and today especially so.  Today we role played.  Other trainers and bus drivers assisted with we, the students, taking turns being the driver, while the rest of the students got to join in the fun of pretending to be either small, elementary school students or older, and sometimes way more obnoxious middle or high school students.  The scenarios were not the norm, but were possibilities; things like a guy and a girl picking on another girl's clothes, calling her a "dollar store ho" (Which cracked me up totally), to a couple making out in the back.  One of the drivers was suddenly on her cell phone on the bus (not allowed) and the driver was asking her to turn it off and then we all got into it, yelling at her to get off the phone (pretending to be other students, of course).  She was talking and laughing and we finally realized she actually WAS on the phone with the main office!  Too funny.

It was a little intimidating really; the thought of being on a bus with a bunch of kids, some of which don't behave, being a sub driver, who has never driven the route before, yet alone dealt with the students.  Though nine of us are in the class, one of the trainers told us that not all of us would show to do our behind the wheel training.  I find myself considering each person and wondering which ones will not show up.  One gal I'm not sure about as she is very soft spoken, which in the most perfect of circumstances would be fine but any other circumstance, probably not.  But she could surprise me.

But though I am a bit intimidated, I think I'll be able to handle it.  I think my personality will allow for me to be able to deal with most situations, hopefully with some humor even, as that is generally my way.  I would much rather be able to enjoy these kids and respect them with them respecting me and as I have dealt with all kinds of kids in short doses on mission trips, a 30 minute bus ride should not be an issue.  In a few weeks, I'll let you know how that is working for me.

Tomorrow we are tested and will be let go early, then for me, it is on to study my CDL book in order to pass the written tests through the MVA.  Once those are passed (I have high hopes of being able to do them all in one day) I get my permit and then get my behind the wheel training with the board. 

Okay, onto work and getting a few things done.  Have to stop by mom's tonight and then have praise band later, so it is full day!



No comments:

Post a Comment