Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Some Days I Just Feel Like I am Near the End of the Rope












I am not even sure exactly where my problem lies.� Yesterday was difficult.� The sutures came out of my mother's face and ear and of course, the ear was very painful.� Then there was a hematoma in her ear that they had to drain which caused her to about come out of the chair, crying etc.� That kind of stuff is really hard for me to deal with.� As my sister-in-law would say "It is not one of my spiritual gifts."� Definitely not.� So since the ear draining, she has been upset all over again and now she knows she has a second and final thirty minute surgery on February 1st.� Add to that my wonderful brother's lack of ability to give a rat's ass and my mother's instance now over the phone that there is cotton in her ear and can I come over this afternoon to look and I am on the verge of tears myself.� I have not seen my house for more than a few hours in a week, I am on my period and overly tired and emotional and very much feeling as if I am in this all alone....because in many ways, I kind of am.� Everyone else either lives far away or doesn't give a rat's ass (see above mention).� I have to force mom to put things into perspective for me because she goes on about how she thinks the doctor's just want her in pain, so I have to ask if the pain in her ear is as bad as last week.� Of course, it isn't, but she stresses me out by going on and on like it is as bad and then I have to firmly pin her down for an answer.� I don't want to snap at her, but there are moments when I feel I am at the end of my coping ability for at least awhile.� I know it all will pass and soon be water under the bridge, but today I'm not sure if my sanity won't be floating downstream with it.� I was going to go run before going out to look for this cotton that I know is not in her ear, but now I have the guilt thing going on, so I will probably go there first and then trek back to this side of town so I can work out.� I would just like one day of my schedule so I can regroup and not have to be rushing around trying to be in several places at one time.



She has thanked me a million times over and so have two of my siblings (not the rat's ass one of course) and it really isn't that I even mind.� It's that I have other things going on that I can't seem to get to and next week I won't be available at all due to school bus driving training in the morning and working at the church in the afternoon.� I'm only one person unless someone can figure out a way to clone me and do it quickly.



Yes, I am whining.� Yes, I am tired.� Yes, I am tired of hearing how she looks like Frankenstein.� It's frustrating because she WILL HEAL and there are people out there with disfigurements that will never heal.� I know she is not dealing with those people but with herself and that she is 81.� I get it.� But it is still frustrating, because I can't tell my mother to put on her big girl panties and deal with it.� And I can't tell my brother to get his head out of his own ass long enough to help me.� Well, I could but it would not be pretty as when he feels threatened, he just attacks and so do I.�� Besides, it would not accomplish anything.� He isn't going to change.� He doesn't think he is doing anything wrong.� When we were children and bathing together, I once pointed to his boy part and said "I used to have one of those but it fell off."� Though that was not true, I do think his fell off or was ripped off a long time ago because he isn't man enough to accept responsibility at all ever.� It would be one thing if he had trouble seeing his parents in pain.� That I could understand.� But then what would be stopping him from offering to help ME so I can help her?� Exactly.� Nothing.




 





3 comments:

  1. Girl - I feel you - I'm at my whits end... hang in there, and know that there is a special place in heaven for you...and your brother will answer for his lack of help one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.. I've been reading your blogs through my emails but haven't checked in lately.. shame on me! I hope your mom improves quickly and you are able to get some "me time" in and decompress a bit.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darling. Hang in there! I hope it doesn't sound too religious, but in times like these I am often reminded that very rarely are any of us handed more than we are capable of handling. Of course my cynical side says, "People just say that so we buckle down." But it works!!!

    ReplyDelete