Friday, January 8, 2010

Sweet Friday


Never thought this day would arrive.  I am still suffering from intense insomnia that begins promptly at 2:00 am and fades away allowing me to fall back to sleep around 3:30.  Totally annoying and I am hoping it has something to do with eating a small handful of Hershey Kisses before going to bed.  I have sworn myself off of them tonight (I will actually be glad when they are GONE) so we shall see how it goes.

I discovered something rather important and awesome today.  Fitbloggin is apparently something similar to Blogher but for folks who blog healthy stuff, which is what I have more or less become.  What's really cool is the conference this year is in Baltimore and the bad news is that is $100 to attend. It would be awesome to go but maybe it will be nearby another year in the future. I have spent time tonight perusing the blogs under the "Whose Coming" tab.  I love finding new bloggers to read. 

No workout today as I had big fun lunch plans with Pook, BFFF, BFFF's roomie and PK.  BFFF's roomie is soon heading on his cross cultural for college to Guatemala and then Mexico, going away for a total of four months.  Though he is the newest edition to our group, I'll miss him while he is gone, but he is going on our mission trip with us this summer.
  Probably just as well no workout today as I am dragging the ground a bit, to the point my throat feels a little sore.  But this could just be that I'm overly tired as sometimes tiredness presents itself as borderline illness with me.  Would like to get in some kind of activity this weekend but it is going to be cold (Spring, if you could maybe just hurry up a teeny tiny bit, that would be swell.  kthanks.) and we have already discussed my love of that.

And in other news, in a moment of some kind of annoyance back in September I applied for a job as a substitute bus driver, just to bring in a little extra play money.  Got a letter back before Christmas that they had filled the job I applied for and had honestly forgotten I had applied for, so I didn't think anymore of it.  Today, I get a call from the Board of Ed asking if I was still interested, so I have an interview on Thursday.  I figure it would not be an every day event and it might even be a bit fun.  I'll keep up to date on any progression.

Well, my goal is try to blog Monday-Friday and take weekends off.  I'm not promising anything though.  You could get a blog entry on a weekend if I get inspired or there could be weekdays I can't be bothered or am uninspired.  But I have missed the blogging world during my sporadic break from it the last two months and it feels good to be back into again with some regularity.

So if I don't see you all again till Monday, have a happy and safe weekend and those of you in the cold states, keep warm!



1 comment:

  1. I interrupt your blog for this important announcement:

    FACEBOOK IS STALKING ME!

    I got an email inviting me to be someone's friend...happens from time to time. That isn't what freaked me out. At the bottom of the email was a listing of other people I might know on Facebook. What totally creeped me out was that 8 out of nine of them WERE people I knew. 6 out of those 8 people are not people I ever want to have contact with again EVER in my life. This is a prime example of why I will never have anything to do with Facebook. Facebook is creepy!

    ReplyDelete