Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday is Over?




So as today was so nice out (at least for January), and I was pressed for time, I wan outside.  And yes, I did mean "Wan" which is my abbreviation for a combo of walking and running.  I headed to the fairgrounds and went around it twice.  Not sure of how far it is around it is...I'd like to think a mile, but I could be wrong.  I didn't push myself too hard beings I hadn't worked out at all for a week due to needing to be with my mother so much last week and the weekend.  So I ran until I thought I was going to die and then walked briskly for awhile before repeating.    Not too shabby but I know I really need to start pushing my limits.

I did really like running outside, other than the whole nose running thing, which is probably only a winter thing, I hope.   But the air was nice and there were other people out there running, walking, dog walking, etc.  I didn't time any of my runs, I just kept things easy today.  Would love it if the weather holds up enough to do it again on Wednesday.

The rest of the day was insane.  I had to talk our oldest cat, Jasmine, to the vet as she has been losing some weight.  She feels fine; feisty and playful as ever, but had lost three pounds in three years, which wouldn't be too bad if she hadn't only weighed ten pounds three years ago.  So it is looking like maybe she has hypothyroid, but we won't know for sure till the blood results come back.  She had a heart murmur today, but the vet said if she was hypothyroid, it could be causing that, so we will see how it goes.  The good news is that though the monthly meds aren't cheap (about $45/month but that is opposed to a $600-$800 surgery which I don't want to put an 11 year old cat through, or radiation to shrink the thing which is about $2500.00) they do come in gel form that is rubbed on the cat's ear twice a day.  Way better than pills, dudes!

From there it was a two hour detour to pick up oldest child at his grandparents (next town over), run him to the doctor's office back here in this town for his ADHD meds check up and then back to the grandparents.  I then had dinner with my mama and finally home at 8:30.  So where the hell did Monday go??

My mother is doing fairly well.  Sutures come out tomorrow and then next week, they lower the skin flap from the cheek which has been covering the reconstruction, which means a few more stitches, but hopefully the worst is behind her.  She still insists she looks like Frankenstein (She doesn't...she looks like someone who has had surgery) and won't go anywhere, though I did convince her let me pick her up yesterday and bring her to our place for dinner.  Really needed to get her out of her house for awhile.

And my brother, The Chosen One?  Still hasn't seen her since the day of the surgery.  What a superhero....but then again, I suppose I am bitter where he is concerned.



1 comment:

  1. But you had a wonderful Saturday evening??? Didn't you???

    ReplyDelete