Friday, January 1, 2010

Quiet Entry into 2010


Today has been rather nice and only a tiny bit stressful, as The Brit is sick and is a terrible patient, but more on that later. 

I started getting a little caught up today in preparation for getting back into my regular routine on Monday.  Got the tree down and the plethora of needles that went with it.  So ready for a fake pre-lit tree.  These real ones smell good but are a lot of work and tons of clean up on a daily basis.  Anyway, the rest of the Christmas stuff can stay for awhile, though I will probably put away Santa.  Oh hell, I will probably put away most of it this week, but the tree was the one I was in a hurry for.  Tidied up the basement, which the kids had an absolute train wreck, as per usual, dipped litter and condensed leftover cookies into one tin to use for school lunches. 

As much as I am not in a hurry to go back to work, I am ready for my regular schedule to resume.  I eat better with my routine and my workouts are much more regimented.  The kids have been off school now for almost two weeks, with the large snow we had before Christmas and The Brit has had nearly two weeks vacation too.  Not that I mind having them home, but it does wreak a bit of havoc on my eating and exercise; makes it trickier. It is, at times, harder to eat as well as I would like and still have to feed three other people more than one meal a day, when their tastes are often a bit...pickier than mine. 

And speaking of picky, men should never be allowed to be sick and there is a reason they seem to get sick less often than women.  They make horrible patients.  I knew The Brit was coming down with something yesterday, so last night, I made sure all the alarms in the house were turned off so nothing would wake him up this morning.  I got up around ten and came downstairs and had my coffee and then started undecorating the tree, which I said I was going to do today due to the constant needle clean up.  So when the sick boy woke up and got his breakfast he immediately was grumbling about why the tree had to come down today.  But he got over it and helped me get it outside.  I took some frozen homemade soup out of the freezer figuring that when I am sick, I load up on hot soups and vitamin C to try to get better as quickly as possible.  I didn't want soup today necessarily; I defrosted it for him but was then informed he was certainly not in the mood for soup.   Then there was the complaining about the container I put the dinner vegetable inside of (my smaller ones are in use with leftovers).  So yeah, guys and sick?  So do not go together.  But he is being a bit more agreeable now.  Maybe he is starting to feel moderately better.


Not sure what tomorrow is holding.  Gym maybe?  It's supposed to be incredibly cold this weekend, so any plans to run outside have been dashed.  I'll run in cold, but twenty degrees is pushing things a bit.



2 comments:

  1. As one of those men who doesn't turn into a whiney child when they get sick, I would like to totally side with you. Now granted, my Kevin has been really sick at times. I don't begrudge him one whine during those particular sick times. I mean, 24 hours from death...you get to do some whining. But when a minor tummy ache becomes "I have to go home from work" material, I draw the line. A stomach ache has never sent me home from work. Heck, in 10 years at my current job I can only count 5 sick days. Well not if you count the "Blood Clot" incident, but I don't even think through that I became whiney. I got pissed off, and bitchey...but I don't think I got whiney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are willing to buy real estate, you will have to receive the http://lowest-rate-loans.com. Moreover, my father always utilizes a bank loan, which occurs to be really fast.

    ReplyDelete