Thursday, January 31, 2008

Better


I've been a bit better today in the mood department; I neither killed nor insulted anyone, so that is certainly an improvement. 

Nothing has been happening on the knitting front for me the last couple of weeks, but all that is about to change.  I have been s-l-o-w-l-y knitting a lace scarf pattern (successfully, I must say, now that I have learned how to tink, ie, unknit stitches for those of you who don't knit), but as I am often convinced that I have a mild case of ADD, I can often get bored with tedious projects.  And while lace is pretty and empowering, it is tedious.  But today, Crazy Aunt Purl posted a pattern for a hat and I am in love.  Hats are my weakness, though I rarely wear them due to hat hair (isn't that retarded?) and the berat is so adorable that I am taking a stab at it, despite my abnormally large head.  So, I have scoped out my yarn, found an alpaca yarn that is chunky and blue (and it was in a hank, and yes girls, I had to unknot it as my youngest killed my ball winder quite some time ago, and I was un-hanking by hand which always equals disaster, though all is well now) and after dinner, I'm taking it on. 

There is busy-ness on the weekend front as tomorrow night I am sleeping at the church as the youth kids are having their lock-in.  Then on Sunday, it is a knitting/superbowl party here.  Ya'll could even wind up with some pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment