Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nothin' Much


Did I really sign up to blog for 365 days?  

Some days there just isn't anything to say, so maybe some random thoughts are in order.

Random thought #1-If satan were a beverage, he would be Slim Fast.

I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will not be able to go on the mission trip, despite how desperately I want to go.  I suppose there is still a slim chance, but the way YouthWorks works is that the only way you can add a person to your week is if the slot is available.  I have not been successful in locking in a backup for myself in the event I cannot go, mostly because our church is small, and there are not too many members in their thirties and forties, most are much older and a mission week is definately a week of hard work, little sleep and many emotions.  Currently, the site we plan to book has 25 slots available of which we will take eleven of them.  So, if both the Brit and I come through surgery with flying colors and with plenty of time to recuperate, if there is still one of the remaining 13 slots left, I can be an add on, otherwise I'll be sitting this one out. The sad part about that is that next year, I doubt Paula will go again, so that will leave me and a big question mark as far as any other chaperones.  However, I am not putting anything above this surgery!

Random thought #2-I'm forty-one years old and still have zero understanding of football and why people like it.

I'm sending out prayers and well wishes to Lacy, who is having RNY surgery on Tuesday!  I just found this chick's blog and I love her...she reminds me of me, albeit she is a lot younger than I!  Please join me in wishng her a safe surgical journey!

Tuesday is also the start of American Idol and I am such a junkie for this show.  I love it all from the auditions and I love all three judges.  Yes, Simon can be crass, and Paula a little (or alot) loopy at times, but they all balance each other well in my opinion.  I started watching faithfully the year after the Reuben/Clay finale and have predicted the winner each year since then (even when I haven't liked the singer I predicted).  It's kind of a game for me now, to try to work out who will win based on overall sellability.

Random thought #3-I had a lot more random thoughts in my head earlier but they all went south.



No comments:

Post a Comment