Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Dream is Still Alive


Don't wanna blog. Don't wanna blog.  Don't wanna blog.  Don't wanna...oh hi!  Didn't see you there!

So, StratCat asked me "So how many more "checks!" are there before surgery?" 

Here's the deal as I would like it to happen:  We have one more appointment and that is our third and last bariatric nutrition class on February 5th.  At that point, we should be able ("we" translates into "I" in this scenario) to call the surgeon's office and say "Hey!  We're all done!  Ya got everything?" and then if they do indeed have everything, they should be able to do what they need to do to submit all our stuff to our insurance company.  I have no idea how long that takes, but I'm planning on calling them tomorrow anyway and more on that in a minute.  I checked with the insurance company a couple of weeks ago to find out what their turnaround timeframe is for surgery approval and the rep I spoke with told me it was 48 hours, which is awesome, if it is indeed true.  I am hoping approvals by mid-February, Brit's surgery in March and mine in April.  Please remember that this is my dream and the surgeon's office or the insurance company may have dreams of their own that could turn my dreams into a nightmare.  But we won't dwell there for now.  No, instead we are going to assume that all is going to go smoothly.

I want to call the surgeon's office tomorrow because one concern has been nagging at me.  Now, I am a worrier by nature, but I don't want any surprises.  We had to do either one six month structured diet program or two three month structured diet programs and we elected to do the latter (the structured diet thing has been a pain in my butt the whole time so why shouldn't it continue to be so?).  We started Weight Watchers in October and did October, November and December with them.  In December was also our first bariatric nutrition appointment so we did that program in December, January and soon to be February.  Back when I was planning all of this, someone at the surgeon's office assured me that it was fine that one month overlapped.  Get what I'm saying?  We technically did both programs in December and because of that, we technically did do two three month programs but together they only equaled five months.  I'm worried that it could be an insurance loophole and I don't want that.  Then I wonder if we should have one last weigh in with Weight Watchers before the end of the month, but that still only has us a total of five months.  Ugh!

Here's hoping we are still smooth sailing tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment