Friday, January 25, 2008

Blog 365 Day #25


Holy crap, I'm tired tonight!   Fridays are not supposed to be this busy, but it just was!  I spent the morning at the church cleaning up the room my Sunday School class is going to be using.  For those of you who don't know, I have never in my life desired to teach anything, but our teachers for our teen class have had other things going on and were having trouble making it, so now Paula and I have the class.  Anywho, cleaned up that room which led me to the long needed task of cleaning out the craft cabinet in the hallway.  What a nightmare and I still have one shelf left to finish!  Then, due to my insanely busy week, I had to go to THE Walmart today for groceries...on a FRIDAY.  Then home to unpack them, put them away, finish laundry, tidy up the house and cook and clean up dinner.  I'm tired!

Meg did just fine in surgery and seems to be having an easier time adjusting, thus far, than Lacy, which just so totally shows that the surgery and the emotions that go with it are so different for everyone!  I still have no doubts that they are both going to do great though!  I am learning so much from both of these bloggers as well as from Kim, who had her surgery right around Thanksgiving.  I love bloggers and their selfless ways of sharing their lives with others.  Knowing folks who have gone before and are so willing to document their journey and answer my questions, has been a God send!

Hopefully, I will start entertaining ya'll with more photos soon.  Being somewhat of an odd ball, the reason I so often don't take our camera with me when I go out is because though I love our camera bag, it is really big.  Also, due to the many appointments I have been having of late, my "purse" is more like a big ole bag as well and it is heavy as I have been carrying a book for the waiting rooms, my planner to keep track of appointments and often times my three prong gastric bypass binder that was given to me on my surgeon consult.  The binder has places for everything, like referrals, etc and it also contains a wealth of information, but I digress.  I also tend to go out my door with a travel mug of java and one eight year old who gets dropped off at school on my way to work, so to deal with the big camera bag is just overkill for short trips out.  But then there was the day that the lake in the park was frozen and the ducks were walking on it, that just made me laugh and wish I had the camera.  Or the leaf that was swirling in the puddle at the elementary school as I waited to drop off JJ and I had a sudden urge to get my creative streak on and photograph it had I only had the camera.  So, to make a short story longer, I bought a wee little backpack today at The Walmart that will hold the camera without any accessories.  My friend Mandy has one and as she has the same camera as we do (she sold us on buying one) I know it will fit.

Now that I've bored you with that story, get on over to Donna's blog to sign the petition for Baby Grace, aka Riley to have the island where her body was found named after her in an effort to increase awareness of child abuse.  Little Riley is in God's hands now, but there are countless other children who could wind up just like her, so we must remain vigilant.






Girly Comments & Graphics



No comments:

Post a Comment