Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting the Ducks in a Row


It may be a wee bit premature but apparently, I have already started nesting.

No, I am not preparing to lay any eggs, but just as a mama bird soon to be with child prepares the nest for new life, so I have begun preparing my nest for my new life after WLS.  I don't want to have any major projects not accomplished pre-op and there are several cleaning projects that need to be handled here in the next few weeks.  Examples would be the annual "make sense of the walk-in closest" day, tidying up my personal closet day, cleaning up the Brit's closet day, moving oldest son to his own room, and painting the room my younger son will continue to occupy as it is in dire need of paint.  

The way I see it, the projects will keep me occupied and will help to pass the time until insurance approval and surgery dates (see what an optimistic thinker I am?).  

Today was a good day in that it was budget time at the church as well.  I am just starting my third year there and when hired, you get one week of vacation until you have been there like five years.  Last year at raise time, I requested of the council to forego a raise in exchange for an extra week of vacation, which they approved.  Today, being the day the budget was worked out for 2008, the former council president came to me, expressed how happy they all were with the way I did my job, and asked me what I wanted.  I was a bit surprised with it being presented that way, so after I had arranged my thoughts, I told him I would honestly prefer extra time.  It would save the church money and it would keep my time off close to what the Brit has.  I said, it did not have to be a whole week, but just a few extra days.  Well, he gave me a whole third week!  I was very much pleased!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment