Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two down and I Heart AI


Today was our second of three nutrition classes at Hopkins and I managed to lose just over a pound...which beings it was Christmas and we had company for three weeks, isn't too terribly bad, though I am going to try to do better this last month.  We also had an interesting conversation on the drive down.

Me:  So, in addition to being your wife, do you really also see me as your mother?

What?

Dave Goober told me that when I told him that I was concerned about how much about this surgery that you understand and are prepared for.  I told him about what you said when I was asking you what you wanted to do with the nutrition appointments and you told me I was running the show, so whatever I felt was best.  Dave said I needed to understand that I was also your mother figure.

I'm going to kick his-.

I'll take that as a no...you don't view me as your mother?

So with that weird intro, we actually did talk about the surgery from his point of view and I learned that there were things that he was looking forward to being able to do once he'd lost weight.  It was an eye opener for me because men just don't talk about things like we womenfolk do.  I need to discuss it with anyone who will listen, research every tiny bit of detail I can find on the subject and then discuss it again with anyone who will listen.  That's just how I'm made.  The man?  Not so much.  But it was good to know that he does think about things more than he vocalizes them.  That, I can live with.

American Idol started tonight and I am already in love once again.  Some of the auditions are so incredibly strange (OMG, that guy that sang the stalking song to Paula??  Totally creepy!) but I guess some folks will just do anything for their thirty seconds of fame in front of a camera.  My favorite so far?  At this stage of the game, I don't know anyone's name, but I'll call her the Self Defense Pony Girl.  Loved her!

For those of you who sent up prayers for Lacy, her hubby updated her blog tonight and said her surgery went "picture-perfect"!  She's due to be released on Thursday!

Tomorrow we see how sane I am...I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment