Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whew!


Dudes!  I was flipping out!  It snowed here today and I couldn't get an internet connection all afternoon and into the evening and was thinking that I was about to blow Blog365 in the first month on a technicality!  Ack!

Yes, it snowed and I am so not a fan of the cold, white stuff.  It's pretty and I can sort of like it as long as I can stay inside where it is warm and not go out in it at all.  Something about a snowy day or a rainy day, however, puts me in the mood to tackle huge projects, so today, I moved the oldest son out of the room he has been sharing with his younger brother for 4 years and into the spare bedroom.  Now, if that were all there were to it, it would be fine, but moving also involves moving some furniture and THAT involves cleaning all the crap out from underneath and behind the furniture once you move it!  Boys are messy little creatures, let me tell you!  But, the job is mostly done and tomorrow, I plan on tackling the walk-in closet.  All part of the nesting thing I've been doing.

My eating has been really good the last few days.  When we were at our bariatric nutrition course on Tuesday, there was a mother/daughter team there who were going for surgery and they clued us in to a very low cal/low fat sweet snack.  Chocolate graham crackers with lite or fat free cool whip in between and then freeze them.  They taste remarkably like an ice cream sandwich!  Yummy!

I've also been trying to get back on water, which has been hard as I have just discovered Coke Vanilla Zero.  Diet soda, I can drink, but don't really enjoy, but the Zero stuff is really good.  Once we have a green light on surgery though, all diet carbonated drinks are out for me and I'll be switching to water with Crystal Lite 100% of the time.  

Lacy is home and is doing well, despite feeling as if she has been hit by a truck.  Please keep her in your prayers and positive thoughts while she recovers.   She is going to do so great, I can feel it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment