Saturday, January 26, 2008

Not Counting Sheep


I've always had this practice of fantasizing my way to falling asleep.  Sometimes I make up stories or imagine my life the way I would most like to live it.  It just keeps me from dwelling on worries or concerns or parenting problems that allow insomnia to take control.

Well, I've discovered a new thing as this morning when the Brit went into work at 7:30, I decided it was way to early for me to get out of bed on a Saturday.  The kids were downstairs watching the idiot box, so the house was still peaceful and I knew that would not be the case all day.  So, instead of making up stories to fall back to sleep, I starting thinking about all the stores I'd be able to shop in once I had lost weight.

American Eagle
LL Bean
The Gap
Levis
Banana Republic
Eddie Bauer
The Figurehead II
The Bon Ton
Christopher Banks

The list went on and on and sadly, in looking at it, the above mentioned stores, I have never been able to purchase clothing.  My list has been so limited to Fashion Bug Plus, Lane Bryant, Walmart and now CJ Banks. 

I am also soon going to overcome my fear of knitting sweaters and learning to cable, because once I lose weight, I so want to make myself some sweaters.  With being big, it would cost me a fortune simply in yarn to knit for myself, not to mention how bloody long it would take me to knit myself a tent.  I look forward to wearing what people call "skinny jeans" and an off white cable knit sweater.  Yup, the day I can wear that, I will have arrived.  Yes, it is about the health,but the clothes are an added perk!



No comments:

Post a Comment