Monday, September 15, 2008

Effectivity


Some days are so incredibly busy and where that generally doesn't bother me one iota, it does bother me when no one else can see that there are days when EVERYONE is busy.  This post is a rant and if that bothers anyone, stop reading now.

My day started out with work and clearing out a Sunday school room, helping to move large partitions and foozeball tables out of the way for a teacher.  Then I took from the downstairs about three loads of garbage; boxes, bags, etc.  From the church I went to the gym, where I worked out, then I was actually home for a full twenty minutes, where I changed clothes and then headed back out the door to take the kids to the dentist.  Got out of the dentist at four thirty as my eldest would rather not brush his teeth, so he took forever because there was much scraping involved.  Once we finally got out of there, it was onward to Walmart for groceries and I was reminded again of why I hate to take them to the store with me.  Got home just in time to meet up with the man from Lowe's who was coming to measure the kitchen, so putting away groceries would have to wait until that was finished.

So once he left, I put away groceries, cat food, etc and then had to fix the kids dinner.  Both wanted omlets, as The Brit was in a meeting and would not be home for dinner.  When The Brit is not home for dinner, I don't really cook, because there is just no point.  The kids are easily pleased with something simple and they look forward to it, so it makes all three of us happy.  I still had other things I wanted to accomplish and as eggs are not agreeing with me anymore, I elected to eat later (though here it is almost 9:00 and I still haven't had anything yet.).  So once they were fed and those dishes cleaned up, I gathered up and started laundry, watered plants, and vacuumed, then cleaned up all the crap the kids had thrown on my desk upon walking in the door.  By this time, we are pushing 8:00 and I'm tired and wanting to watch Dr. Phil from Friday, which I have yet to finish.  I actually got a whole twenty minutes of sitting down time before The Brit got home.

I guess I assumed that when one is not going to be home for dinner, one will take care of feeding oneself or at least let me know they are hungry and what they would like.  But as someone else had a long day too, he elected to be cranky about the whole thing until I defrosted meat and cooked it for him  (I have still not had dinner).  Of course, despite the fact that, I too, was tired, I was not in a bad mood until his mood affected mine.  Being tired is a delicate balance apparently.

Sorry, Brit, but I'm ranting here because I'd rather do it here than at you, as we are both tired and cranky and I would prefer not to argue.  Simply not worth it.  So now that the homework is finished, the kids are in bed, the house is tidy and the second load of laundry is in, I'm going to go find something not too terribly bad to eat this late at night.

Tomorrow is looking better already other than I have to start it out with a PAP smear as Aunt Flo was visiting two weeks ago at my appointment so they need to redo the PAP.  I figure things can only go up from there, right?

/rant



No comments:

Post a Comment