Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emotions are taking me over


Glad y'all enjoyed my little freakfest stories from yesterday.  I'll keep everyone abreast of my next sighting as heaven knows, if there is a freak within ten miles of me, he'll find me.

Is anyone else watching Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Race?  Does anyone else get weepy while watching this or is it just me?  Richard.  He just breaks my heart.  He's the biggest person competing and he and his brother are a team and they are so close.  I look at him and see me and I can feel his pain in my own heart.  And then there is Verne and Patrick, a father son team, with the son being the larger of the two.  I hear Verne talk about how much he worries about his son and I remember how my dad used to worry about me.

Then I have started watching "How to Look Good Naked."  I just adore Carson and love what he is doing for the self images of women via this show.  Again, I watched my recorded episode today with Heather and just got all teary eyed, because we all have scars, in one way or another.

I just feel for these people; those battling weight or sporting a horrible self image.  Hi! Been there.  Still there a bit.  I still have trouble seeing myself as smaller, even though my head and heart knows I am. 

I went for my followup with my PCP today and when she walked in, she gasped and said "Skinny Minnie!" I shook my head in distain, "No, I have a long ways to go before that is true."  She gave me a reproachful look, "You aren't that far off."

But it is so hard to hear a compliment and accept it.  I'm not used to them about my weight.  I'm hoping I can get to the point where I can graciously just say "Thank you" instead of giving a laundry list of what I still need to do and how much I still need to lose.

I've often thought about getting to a point where I can help people who battle weight.  I'm not sure where or how or if it would just be with WLS patients.  It's just something that calls out to my heart.  I could be the female Richard Simmons, just wanting to give those who suffer from obesity a great big hug. 

I think I'll forgo the little running shorts and tank top though.



No comments:

Post a Comment