Friday, September 19, 2008

Ouch


I've just been reminded of how chilly it gets at night this time of year.  I just had to close the windows in the computer room.  Brrrr.

So, I have about two dozen little holes in my neck at the moment that are smarting a wee bit.  I found out a couple of weeks ago that a friend of mine (not a close friend; she works as a waitress part time and we met her by being customers.) worked for a dermatologist in Martinsburg.  So, I thought it was time to have a consult about these horrid skin tags that I have hated for years.  I wasn't expecting them to actually be removed today, but there ya go.  They would be gone.  Not too painfully.  Kind of irritating as they numb the skin by each tag with a little needle.  Not overly painful, but needles in general make my palms sweaty.  The actual clipping off of the tags I didn't feel at all until the last few hours when the numbing agent wore off and now they are stinging a bit. She also took off a mole that was two different colors and that needed to be sent to the lab to make sure it was nothing scary. 

I have a dream of going to Deep Creek Lake when the leaves are turning and I just discovered this.   I wanna go.  I really want to take a bunch of photos up there because it is a beautiful place anyway, but I have never seen it when the leaves are changing.  It's my favorite place to boat, but our boat is currently in the shop having a hole repaired but we won't talk about that.

Oh! And in other news...we are finally doing something with our stupid kitchen!  If you remember, it looks like this:



We have hated the fridge for forever, but knew to move it to somewhere else, would require a bit of work with some new cabinets and counters, blah, blah, blah.  Well, after like 7 years, we have finally ordered cabinets, additional counter and yes, a new fridge!  The hutch, which you can just see to the right side of the photo will move into the dining room (which we use as an additional sitting room).  Then on that wall, we'll put the new fridge, with cabinets around it, one of them being a full pantry (YES!).  Where the fridge is now, we will extend the counter space, replace the cabinet above it to something more user friendly (translation, where short asses like myself can actually reach what is in it) and then add a cabinet under the new counter as well.  I cannot wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment