Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh, the Guilt


So this afternoon, I went to lunch with Paula, our new pastor's wife, and Ruth, our Parish Administrator.  My plan was to go to the gym after lunch and then to the post office to mail off eBay items to buyers, but lunch turned into a gabfest (all good and much fun) and before I knew it, it was 3:00.  There was no way I had time to work out and go to the post office and still be home by 4:00 when JJ gets off the bus.  So, I elected to skip my workout.  I rationalized that I had not skipped a day in three weeks and that one day was not going to kill me.  So, I did the post office thing and then headed home.

Once home, I did a few chores and then sat down to finish watching The Biggest Loser, which I have just started watching this season.  The guilt began to eat away at me and along with that, fear.  Guilt that I hadn't gone to the gym; fear that my allowing myself to not go could become a habit.

Wednesday is Wings night for us, so after Wings, I went to the YMCA and completed my workout.

I just can't let myself not take full advantage of this first year after WLS.  I just can't.  There is too much at stake, like how much weight I lose.  Like how much, if any plastic surgery I will need (and for the record, I so don't want to have to have more surgery).  I need to work and tone NOW while I am still losing weight and gaining muscle.  I want to give this first year everything I have to give.  WLS was not a "get out of work free" card.  I can either coast along and let my weight be whatever it is, or I can work my butt off and maximize my investment.

The latter is my only option because I am deeming it as so.

Oh and for anyone trying to reach me via cell...my phone is dead.  I'll be seeing the Sprint people tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment