Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Second Hand Fun


On a whim today, I stopped into the Rescue Mission, then Good Will to look for fall and winter clothes.  I hit paydirt.

For just over $40, I got two pairs of jeans (one CJ Banks and one Lee), one turtleneck sweater, one fall shirt and like 7 gorgeous sweaters.  One of the sweaters is hand knitted...I paid $6 for it.  A CJ Banks sweater?  $6.  It was even better than eBay, as there was no shipping charge. 

And you know what was really cool?  Other than the hand knitted sweater (which is black with lovely flower designs knitted on it) none of what I bought was black.  I used to live in black and now, I avoid it most of the time.  That is progress!

The rest of the day was uneventful really.  Still hitting the gym five days a week.  It's taking me about twenty minutes for the elliptical to kick my ass to do two miles on the elliptical, so I'm making up the ten minutes on the treadmill as I just can't do a full thirty minutes yet on that baby.  I'm wondering at what point, I need to change up my weight workouts.  When a machine gets easier, do I do more reps or increase the weight?  So much I don't know!



No comments:

Post a Comment