Sunday, September 21, 2008

Imagine


I scarfed this up from blogger A Blog in the Rough and decided to use it as my Sunday night post due to spending the day cleaning the basement and then ending my Sunday with dealing with more church crap (I want all people to leave me alone on the weekends when it comes to stress at church.  I am there four hours a day, five days a week, when I get paid to be stressed out; I don't want to do it for free.)

Anyway, this blogger bought a book about themes to blog about and the first one is as follows:

This first post is #28 - Blow Your Budget

"Imagine you've just come into ten million dollars. How do you spend it? Put together a wish list of epic proportions -perhaps a six burner gas grill (for your yacht)." (If ten million isn't enough, add some more!).

The first thing I would do is to pay off our debts.  We don't have tons but we have enough.  Once we are debt free, I would sell my house and move close to the Eastern Shore, but not right on the water; just within commuting distance of maybe 45 minutes to an hour.  I would then buy us a sweet little farm, just big enough for two dogs and maybe four horses, all rescues,  in addition to the cats we already have.  The house would be a typical roomy farm house, large country kitchen, huge living room with fireplace, 3 bathrooms, minimally four bedrooms, finished basement for the kids to have their friends over.  It has a huge wrap-around porch and a big deck out back with a fire pit and a hot tub.  Hmmm, what else do I want?  I would find myself a church with just enough members to be comfortable, where stress and contention are not the emotions of choice (I'm still so upset right now about things that are being made worse than they have to be).  Weekends would be spent on the water with our jet boat or horseback riding through our fields and surrounding areas. 

I would donate a sum of the money to a local no kill animal shelter.  I would spend the weekdays while The Brit is working (I'm not sure he would ever be able to not work as he might get bored) and the kids are in school, working on my second best selling novel.

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big!



No comments:

Post a Comment