Friday, February 19, 2010

1.25




That is how far I ran on the treadmill today.  I kick ass.  I was very excited.  My goal was a mile, which is what I did yesterday, so today when I hit the mile, though tired, I knew I could push it a little bit further and I did.

Honestly, running is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  Honestly, nothing has made me feel more strong physically.  Finishing a run, even my little bitty runs so far, makes me just feel incredible and like anything is possible.  It brings me a sense of fulfillment.  I can't even explain it.  It is so hard to do...it's mind over body, but it is amazing.  I started out running for 30 second increments and then recovering for like 5 minutes and thought I was dying.  Now today I ran 1.25 miles.  It has taken me a long time to get there and I have had many interruptions.  Life gets in the way of this kind of stuff sometimes...things you need to build up to can be interrupted and that interruption sets you back from the schedule you had planned.  But life, and running is a marathon.  You just keep working and in the end you get there.

I get my treadmill tomorrow.  So excited.  This will help me stay on target with training.  When I can't get to the gym, I can still run here...or outside when the weather warms up and some of this wretched snow melts.  But I feel better prepared now to keep focused and to stay on target.  I want to run a marathon one day, even a small one.  I want the experience.

Tomorrow is also auditions for Steel Magnolias and I'm nervous.  I was looking through my script tonight and remembering just how funny this show is and how much I enjoyed it the first time.  Just let my newfound confidence shine through tomorrow in a good way.  I would love to be cast, will be mildly disappointed if I'm not, but not crushed.  My life is full now and if cast, I will be adding something else to it, which is good but not imperative, if that makes any sense. 

My mother is insistent that I don't have time to do a show because she worries about me overdoing it now.  I don't quite get that.  I don't see my life as overly busy for a married person, working a part time job, who has kids.  Aren't all moms busy?  I work four hours a day, five days a week.  I go to the gym at least 4 days a week for about an hour.  I periodically have appointment for me or the kids.  I have praise band one night a week.  I keep up the house and cook dinner and the slow cooker is my friend.  I don't see this as being so busy anyone has a cause to be worried.

Life is for living and I plan on wringing every last drop of life from what I am given before I leave this world. 

Now, I have to go visit some Thursday 13 bloggers.  They gave me some love yesterday and that rocks.

Happy weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for the run. I told you it was addictive...How did auditions go? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete