Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day One Down; 39 to Go




So day one of low carbing it has gone well, though it had a scary moment.  The Brit called me to go to lunch to one of our favorite little Italian places...which meant the pizza temptation.  But I opted for salad though I did eat the cheese off the second half slice of his pizza...but no bread.  Yay me!  

I had an easy day at the gym as last night's kickboxing was crushing.  So I ran/walked two miles today, half miles at a time, alternating.  Finished off with 50 crunches on the ball while lifting a medicine ball.  Would have liked to have ran more today, but my legs were just aching from last night, so I didn't want to push it and risk injury.

So now I have another dilemma.  Auditions for "Steel Magnolias" are this weekend and despite the cons to auditioning and possibly getting cast, I am leaning towards auditioning.  The cons are of course, time.  But the flip side to that is that I hate winter and with the show going up in April, rehearsing it will help see me through to the start of spring.  I have done this show once before and it was a wonderful experience and it is on my list of shows I would do again gladly.  Of course, I am rusty, having not auditioned for anything in over 7 years.  I foresee nerves playing up a bit, but I think I am game to audition.  If the talent is amazing and I don't get cast, that's fine.  If I do, I will embrace an experience I have not gotten to have in 7 plus years.  Theater was once the most major part of my life; I did back to back shows at a theater where a show ran for 8 weeks.  This one will only run two weekends and will be a nice revisiting of one of my great loves.



2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I have a great pizza alternative. Instead of crust, make it at home using a thin pressed layer of ground beef mixed with italian seasoning. Once you press the beef into the pan I usually bake it for about 20 minutes and drain off the fat. then add all the toppings I love and bake if for another 15 to 20 minutes. No Carb Pizza!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. Nice blog! I do cardio at home myself to lose some weight.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete