Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday 13


I really struggled with what 13 things to list this week, which is kind of sad as it is only week 2 of my doing this!  But nothing was really jumping out at me and I got all my complaining out of my system yesterday.  So how about this:

13 Things I love about Spring



  1.  Watching the trees take on new life.  Once barren and desolate, tiny sprigs of green began to form which will eventually bring shade to warm summer days.

  2. Warm days.  Enough said.

  3. Being able to open the windows in my house to air it all out after a cold, confining winter.

  4. Walking and running outside.  I could do this in the winter, but I'd rather eat poo.

  5. Fire Pit Fridays

  6. Being able to put away winter sweaters and break out out the shorts and sandals.

  7. Being barefoot.

  8. The sound of kids playing outside.

  9. Daylight savings time ends.

  10. Cleaning all the salt residue off my car and giving it a good cleaning.

  11. Working in the yard and garden.

  12. Walks around the park with Tod.

  13. Driving with the windows down.

So ready for Spring, people!

I went out on a limb today and am waiting to see if I will receive A) a kick in the teeth for it; no answer at all; or C) a pleasant surprise. 

We will be kidless this weekend as their grandmother asked if she could have them, so I am wondering what thing we can get up to.  Need to make a Costco run, but am not sure if it is in the budget this week.

Oh and used the new treadmill yesterday!  YAY!  Kickin' baby!  Only ran one painful mile (that whole Tuesday night kickboxing brutality) and walked a mile.  Is it okay to run several days in a row?  I plan to maybe run today after work, but I'll have to see how I feel.

I love my shirts with the thumb holes.  So warm and snuggie!

***Thursday 13 is a little blog meme that is shared across the internets.  To participate, please go here and sign up!


 



3 comments:

  1. I'm still in the depths of winter here. My furnace is running as I type. But this gives me something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the spring tease. It just can't come soon enough.

    My T13: Regrets

    ReplyDelete