Monday, February 1, 2010

What Happened to Sunday?


So I survived last week's bus class, though we are still in the midst of mama drama with my mother and her ear.  My brother (yes, he stepped up!) had to take her back to the doctor on Friday as her ear was very painful, so they again stitched a bolster inside of it.  Then today, The Brit and I took her back for the second part of the nose surgery and the doc again messed with the ear, which leads to pain and I am so ready for all this to be over and I know she is too.  I'd like to think we are in the home stretch, but I don't want to jinx anything.

I am trying to get my food/exercise back in order again after too many weeks of abnormality with mom and my class.  When we got home today, I knew that by the time I got the Y, it would be packed and I hate that.  So I sat down to watch my soap opera and started nibbling on Chex Mix until I felt about half sick.  Getting up, my thought was "ENOUGH!".  So I called Tod and we did roughly a 2 mile walk.  I felt much better for it.

I have discovered that men have a talent for leaving things almost empty and it is so frustrating at times.  My favorite sweet snack is sugar free jello with a dollop of Light Cool Whip and The Brit likes the same only with sugar free pudding.  Twice....TWICE now I have gone for my dollop to only find barely a scrape left in the container.  Why not just use that little bit?  And even better, use that little bit and go to the basement to get a new container out of the freezer so the next person has non-frozen Cool Whip?  Seriously?  My kids do it too.  With milk or soda.  My oldest will drink all but those last two sips out of a two liter bottle of soda, just so he will not have to throw away the empty bottle.  Again, seriously?  Is throwing away a container out the back door into the recycle bin really all that taxing?  Men, don't answer that.  We already know the answer.

So along with sorting out my food and exercise, I am trying to catch up on my life this week both at work and at home.  Stuff needs done and I also need to study for my CDL tests...stupid air brakes.  I am such a girl when it comes down to mechanics.  I have this innate need to not care about how things like brakes work.  I simply don't care, but for the MVA tests, I have to pretend to!  HA!

Okay, getting late but wanted to update you all as to what was going on and I will try to write more tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. My husband does the same thing!!!! LOL LOL with the milk, the toilet paper, the bread... LOL
    Men!!!!!

    Kisses
    Javi

    ReplyDelete