Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Make it Stop!















I swear, I have been on stress overload!

We had yet another freakin' blizzard Tuesday and Wednesday (yes, kickboxing was snowed out!)...another kabillion inches.  We shoveled a few times before it was over and about 7:30 last night, my mother called, hysterical.

Her neighbor had called her to tell her it looked like her carport might collapse from the weight of the snow, on her car.  So she is a crying mess, unable to go outside because she is 81 and her walks weren't shoveled.  So out the four of us went, into the barely plowed roads while it is still snowing to get my mother's car out of her carport.  The middle beam was bowed from the snow and though we didn't think it would actually fall, why risk it.  So we shoveled the car out (the snow plow had the car blocked in), moved the car, shoveled her walks and calmed her down before going back home.

Now I have a cat I am worried about.  Jasmine is about 11 years old, so that is about 66 in cat years.  She had recently lost a lot of weight and in taking her to the vet we found out she had hypothyroid.  The vet put her on meds which she has been on almost two weeks.  When the vet saw her, she said Jasmine had a heart murmur that day, which may be caused by the thyroid problem and would clear up with meds.  So though she had not put on any weight yet, she has been feeling pretty good; always playful, jumping up all over the place etc.  Last night she got a bit pukey, which turned into dry heaving and only producing some spit.  Today she has had a bit of that still but not as much, but I have not seen her eat anything.  Of course, a symptom of heart problems in cats is gagging.  But her gums are pink (good sign) and she is still a purr baby.  I'm hoping she just has an upset stomach and it is starting to clear up.  I may pick up a few cans of the forbidden wet food tomorrow just to try to get her to eat and to put some weight on her.  We'll see how it goes.

I did finally get to the gym today and guess what?  I RAN A MILE AND A HALF!  Okay, in all honesty, I ran the mile by itself, walked for ten and then ran another half mile, but I'll take it.  And though I will deny it if you ask me....I kind of enjoyed it.  Kind of.  Not totally committing to the enjoying of it yet, but that emotion was definitely somewhat present today.

I also stole this found a great quote today.  It says "Everyday, in some way, I am kicking ass." I kinda like that too.

Tomorrow I am back to work, and then sleeping at the church tomorrow night with the youth in order to make sandwiches and dip up soup.  So right now, I have a pot of chili on the stove, a pot of soup on the side to finish tomorrow, and brownies cooling for the lock in.  Tomorrow, I have to pick up ham and get a workout in after work.  Always so much to do!

Just let my cat be ok...




1 comment:

  1. I, too, hope Jasmie will be fine...

    Congrats on the 1 1/2 miles! Even if you did walk a couple of minutes that's fantastic! Very impressive!

    See you for lunch on Saturday? ....you really do have a full schedule!

    ReplyDelete