Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Enough, I Say!


So after twenty plus inches of snow over the weekend, we are now in Winter Fury 2010 Part Deuce....though Part Deuce can sit on it and rotate as far as I am concerned.  I am so over this.  Maybe it is time to move to a warmer climate because I am convinced someone picked up our house in the last few weeks and plopped it down in the middle of Bloodyhellitiscoldville.  Not to fond of the place myself.

So I got in a sort of workout last night, but my stability ball has lost serious air, so I need to blow that back up today.  But I did reverse crunches, some arm work with my five pound wimp weights (the only ones I have) and some planks.  I think my goal for this summer during my yardsaling is to find some smaller gym equipment for home, like eight or ten pound weights, or a medicine ball would be divine.  That way when the gym is not possible, at least I am prepared to git er done at home. 

I am praying for kickboxing tonight but it is iffy as it is not even noon yet and we have a wintery mix going on outside.  I have to go to Walmart shortly too and I am hoping that since the winter weather has started all the scaredy cats have run for cover and the store will not be busy.  Wishful thinking.  Then it is to mom's to pick up the kids.  I'm thinking I might be working from home tomorrow.  Just depends on how much crap we get.

So next week starts Lent and though I rarely give up anything for Lent (it's just not a practice I have ever much followed), I think this year I am going to.  I really need to get my carbs under control so I can one day get to that much coveted 199 on my scale (I swear if I ever see that number, you will hear me scream from here to California.  I have been hanging out at 207 for MONTHS!).  So for Lent, no more pointless carbs, which is defined by the following items: pretzels, chex mix, any kid of sweet, even sugar free.  My snacking is limited to fruits and veggies and the like.  They are still carbs, but not pointless.  So beginning next Wednesday, I am throwing down the gauntlet.  Enough to the carbs and the snow!  I am determined to at least come out standing in one of those two areas and I have no control over the snow, other than moving to a warmer climate, which is not in the foreseeable future.

I am going off the assumption that my children will not be in school the rest of the week, which kind of sucks, so I need to try to find some gym time.  I just cannot go an entire week with nothing but some floor work.  It makes me cranky.  I need to work up a good sweat with some good cardio.

So what do you guys do when the weather situation or some other problem keeps you from your normal workout?  If you usually walk and there is a buttload of snow on the ground, what is your alternative?  Give me your suggestions.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, dang snow had screwed up my trip to Chicago. I have no idea when I might actually be leaving. I don't really have any exercise suggestions. I don't prefer to exercise outside or in a gym. I find there to be way too many distractions. But for the No-Carb I have a snack for you! Remember the Crispy Crunchy Cheesy Things??? Get some shredded Parmesan Cheese, throw into it whatever spices you enjoy. Make little stacks on a non-stick cookie sheet (or use parchment paper if you have it) and toast them in the oven until they are brown. I usually set my oven to about 325...but you have to keep an eye on them or they burn. They are totally No Carb and DELICIOUS! A great replacement for the mix called Chex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is driving me crazy. Normally, I wouldn't care, but I'm moving to the west coast, and I just don't need this right now.

    Do you have any DVD's you can exercise to? Practice kickboxing? Jump rope?

    ReplyDelete