Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wanted: Used Treadmill...a Deal Would be Nice


So with kids out of school tomorrow and a mother who may have to go back to the doctor's tomorrow afternoon, I am once again at a loss for a cardio workout.  It's really starting to bother me.  Yes, the circumstances are all beyond my control; they simply cannot be helped, but it does add to my frustration as well as my mood.  I've discussed before how lack of exercise really affects my overall general feeling of well being anymore.

So I am on a search for a treadmill at a very reasonable price (may be the only way I can get one) so that for days when getting to the gym is not possible on my time, (My time being when everyone else is at school/work) I could at least run at home, making me present for kids etc.  I thought my mother had one but had forgotten she had sold it to my sister, so that was a dead end.  A gal I know from an old job has one she is offering me for $425, but my concern is that it is a discontinued treadmill, so I might have a problem if anything goes wrong with it I may be screwed and the price is a little steep for me.  I looked it up and new, on the site I viewed was $600.  So yeah, a deal compared to a new one, but again, discontinued and a little steep in price for me.  She told me I could make an offer but I don't want her to take less than she wants and if she put it in the classifieds maybe she can get the price she wants for it. 

Another friend, Kelly, may know someone with one and is going to get back to me.  So, if any of my readers who are local know someone looking to sell off a treadmill, leave me a little comment with what you know.  It would be very much appreciated!



1 comment:

  1. Have you asked The Brit to post it his work? I am always amazed at the stuff you can find from coworkers. I'm sure they have some sort of "Bulletin" Board system there. Be it the old fashioned kind with push pins or something a little more "cyber" Heck, I was once looking for a discontinued Tupperware pitcher and it turned out one of my coworkers had 3 of them...still in their original unused state. Who keeps that kind of stuff??? Ok Ok...if someone was looking for sets of pictures frames or rope lighting I could produce unopened goods. I suppose I shouldn't point fingers.

    ReplyDelete