Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Blues


So we just got twenty plus inches of snow dropped on us in the last twenty-four hours and I am so not happy.  I took some pictures but yes, I have been totally lazy today and cannot be bothered to download them, resize them, and upload them in order to post them.  Maybe tomorrow as there is no church due to the twenty-something inches of cold, miserable, white stuff. 

Have I mentioned before how much I hate winter?

Have I mentioned they are calling for more of this crap on Tuesday and that my kids will probably be off school till freakin' Thursday? 

Have I mentioned we are still not sure if my mother is finally on the upside of this surgery stuff?  Though all stitches are out, there is still concern about her ear.

Though all of this is beyond my control, I can still hate how sporadic it makes my workouts.  I ran on Thursday and could so tell I had not run a week and it makes me wonder how I am ever going to advance in running.  I still can't run a mile without stopping.  I guess it is just taking me more time than most due to time and circumstances of late.  Le sigh.  Still hate it though.

We are getting ready to go to dinner as we actually found an open place.  Our cars are dug out and The Brit actually went out for a drive; says the roads aren't great, but we'll make it.  We probably won't be battling much traffic.

I finished reading "The Last Song" last night before bed and spent the last few chapters crying like an idiot.  The end all just reminded me of my father's battle with cancer; of sitting up with him his last few nights, of watching him shrink in size and stature, of being with him when he took his last breath, telling him it was okay to go.  Hard stuff but such a gift to be able to see him Home that not everyone gets.  Anyway, good book, soon to be a movie starring Miley Cyrus, so I will probably maybe go see it with my ten year old huge Miley fan son.  As long as Hollywood stayed true to the book.  Hate it when they change stuff.  Pisses me off. 

Okay, getting ready to get out of here.  Hope you all in my neck of the woods are warm and not too snowed in.  The rest of you who don't get snow....I hate you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment