Monday, February 8, 2010

Holy Crap, What a Day


So after a wild Monday, I think life is finally turning a corner.

My morning started out with a phone call from my aunt on my dad's side, telling me my other aunt on my dad's side died yesterday and she didn't want to tell my mother over the phone, so could I tell her.  I told her it would have to wait till I got off work, but that then I would go over and tell her.  I wasn't close to this aunt, nor was my mother really, but it was still my dad's sister and there is still that whole "I'm old and everyone I know is dying" thing that I was afraid my mother would react to, so I spent the morning stressing over telling her.

Then mom calls me at work to tell me she needed me to take her back to the doctor for her ear.  Seriously?  So if he has to lance this thing again, she is going to be a basket case and I still have to tell her Aunt Carolyn died?  God, really?  I decided the 40 minute drive to the doctor's office was not the time to tell her as she was going to be all stressed out about what the doctor would do.  The best possible scenario would be that her ear was fine, she was just obsessing about it and then it would be much easier to tell her about Carolyn.

I called The Chosen One who would be meeting us at the doctor's office, so he could go back with her.  The whole way there I was afraid to talk for fear of blurting out "Carolyn's dead!" and then I felt guilty because I was holding information out on her. 

So we got there, my brother turned up and they went back, only to come back out in a matter of minutes.  All was good.  He was pleased with her ear.  She had only been obsessing.  Then the brother and I told her about Carolyn right there as the waiting room was empty.  She was shocked at first, but was really so relieved about her ear, that she took the news really well. 

The whole thing drained me completely.  But then the last several weeks (I think this started like January 12th?) have left me wiped out, burned out, and sapped of energy as I have only been able to get in minimal workouts.  So I'm thinking once The Brit goes upstairs tonight, I have a date with my stability ball and two five pound weights.  Hey, it's better than nothing.

Oh and I found a treadmill!  YAY me! and YAY Kelly for hooking me up!  I would love to get it this weekend if the friend of Kell's is available but we are expecting more freaking snow tomorrow (10-20 inches.  Again, SERIOUSLY?)  so it might not happen this weekend.  Plus I need to do some rearranging to make room for it, but I'll work that out.  Just to be able to get in cardio even on days like I have had the last few weeks will be bliss.  Who knows, I may actually get up to being able to run a mile without stopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment