Friday, February 26, 2010

TGIF!!!




So I entered a contest over at Shut up and Run for a pair of ear buds for my ipod that are apparently the bee's knees for a runner (I still roll my eyes and giggle when I call myself that.� Not feelin' it yet!).� Now, I never win anything, but she is giving away ten pairs of them and only a kabillion 375 people have entered, so I guess there is a marginal chance I could win a pair.� I love mine for walking but when the sweat starts dripping when I am running, they like to slide out my ears and then I have that distraction while trying not to fall off the treadmill.



You may have noticed I have included links to some of the running blogs I have been following.� Some of these folks are seasoned runners and others are newbies like yours truly, but I find reading them to be pretty interesting.� I have a special place in my heart for new female runners in their forties, and would love to find some more blogs of these women that I know are out there!



When I develop an interest in something, I go full speed ahead with trying to gather up all information I possibly can on the subject.� So I am currently reading this:







and will be following that up with this by the same author:







And this is also sitting on my table waiting for my attention:







So much to learn, so little time.



Today's goal is to STRETCH as I need to turn down the suck on that and then to run 1.50 miles.� I don't know yet if I am feeling it, but I am certainly going to try.� No run yesterday.� Legs felt sore so I ellipticalled for thirty minutes instead followed by crunches.� We will call that a cross training day.� So today is a run day and I'll see how it goes.



Also, yesterday that the Y, Jerry gave me a form for�a 5k in June that he felt I could run/walk.� I'm thinking about it.� It would be�nice to have a goal as I tend to do fairly well with those.



My low carb Lent is also sucking.� I am currently running to support my carb habit.� Ugh.� But every day is a new day and a new chance to get it right.� So far today, so good.



Weekend plans?� Not a clue.� No kids as grandma wants them, so things are wide open.� Costco probably Sunday, but tomorrow is wide open.� Anyone free?� Want to get into something like dinner?� Who knows?� Shoot me a line with any suggestions.� In the meantime, have a happy weekend and I shall see you on Monday!




1 comment:

  1. Well, if I were going to make a dinner suggestion (and I am) it would be Asian. It's very easy to do Low Carb in an Asian restaurant. Just don't use the rice! Heck, egg rolls aren't even that high in carbs.

    ReplyDelete