Monday, September 13, 2010

Callings, South Beach and Feelings, Oh My.


So for the few who did not ask, the skit on Sunday went VERY well.� I was totally pleased, relatively comfortable and remembered all the lines.� It was nice to get compliments as opposed to "Sorry, we can't cast you." for a change.� I got everything from "Will you do something like this every Sunday?" to "Your sermon was delicious!" to "You had me in tears." to "You have to do something more with this talent."� So, I am thinking of doing something more.� What if my lack of ability to get cast in a regular show is God's way of showing me what He wants me to do?� I have proposed a drama ministry at church, consisting right now of only me, with one skit per quarter.� That gives me time to select one that I feel led to do, memorize it and find the right time to do it for the congregation.



It seems a good fit for me.� I have no need to go back to the Apollo ever.� My last two experiences there with auditions were less than stellar.� There is no theater group in Hagerstown I would want to be involved with, especially as the dinner theater is an eight week commitment and I just don't have the time nor the desire to commit to that length of time.� I have too many other things I want to do.� And I really do not care to travel any further to audition nor perform anywhere else.� The biggest challenge is finding material that appeals to me and has a powerful message as the one Sunday did.� Time will tell.



I fell off the South Beach wagon on Friday and over the weekend.� I have been PMSing and have had my feelings hurt and I am an emotional eater, so at a time when my emotions were all over the place any way and then having something else happen, it all went South (or would that be North?� Ha!)..but I can report I am repeating at least one week of Phase One beginning today.� I hit the gym hard today, working legs and arms as well as core after a session on the elliptical.



Life is a constant struggle, isn't it?� Joys and sorrows, happiness and hurt and food always seems to center around so much of it.� The learning how to eat properly through all the twists and turns is a process; some days are successes and some are epic fails, but what I have learned is that fails are only fails for the moment.� It doesn't really matter that you fail...it matters that you pick yourself back up and get back on the right track.



I'm learning it, one day at a time.




1 comment:

  1. Kim, have you ever heard of The Skit Guys?

    They do exactly what you're talking about! Here's their site, I hope it encourages you.

    http://www.skitguys.com/

    ReplyDelete