Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today is Looking Up


Today did not start out well.



Nothing major, but annoyances early in the morning are not my forte.� I had gone in to take a shower with Jonah (one of the cats who has apparently dubbed himself "Bathroom Cat" as he races me to the bathroom every morning for fear I will lock him out) and was waiting for the shower water to warm up.� It when then that I noticed The Lawyer had skewed with the shower curtain.� Though it looked like the liner was in the tub, it only was at the front half (where I could see it) and not in the back half, thus allowing water to shoot all over the floor as he also had the shower head aimed directly at the curtain.� Two soaked towels and one rather wet bathroom rug later, all was well.



The Lawyer tried to lie his way out of the Facebook scam (how very lawyerly of him) but his arguments were so ridiculous and he knew he was caught.� He tried to tell me it was his friend, Tyler's page and Tyler was just using his name....and his picture....and had friended his aunt (or ANT as The Lawyer spelled it on his FB page) and his grandmother.� He pretty much knew he was toast.� So grounded, ipod, laptop and DS all taken away from him until The Brit gets home (as he can go on the internet on all those items).



Today, I am having lunch with the wonderful Pastor Phil and I am very excited.� This is the man who raised the bar (and probably made most other pastors dull in comparison) for me on pastors because he is just a spiritual person.� He does not come across as preachy and we don't even necessarily talk about the Bible or any of that stuff.� He's just one of those people who you can see Jesus in everything they do and say and I am so blessed to call him "friend".



My other good news today is from the YMCA.� Tod's mom gave me a gift certificate almost two years ago for a personal training session and I was intimidated to use it.� A personal trainer?� Me?� It felt laughable.� But now that I know I need some serious help to get things moving again (I am not gaining...still maintaining) I really wanted to use a trainer once a month for a bit to learn some new stuff.� So, I had left the person in charge of those gift certificates, which expire after one year, a note on Monday asking if she might still honor it.� I never understand those kinds of things expiring because the money it was purchased with surely was spent and did not expire but anyway....Sonia called me back today and told me with her little latino accent that they did not usually allow expired certificates to be used, but I had been a member with the Y for a long time, and she was going to honor it.� I elected to set up my first session with her next Wednesday.� I was honest with her about my surgery and my workout regiment and she agreed I need some serious muscle work.� We will see how it goes.� It was a good week to do it as Michael will not be there next Tuesday, so no kickboxing.� But I may go at 7:00 that night for Zumba instead.



Tomorrow, lunch with Leisl before she leaves for Florida to�help care for her father.� He had a major blood infection that damaged heart arteries and he had open heart surgery on Monday.� He is doing well, but keep him in your prayers.



Friday, Frederick with Tod, I think...I assume that is still on.� I will work for bit and maybe leave early.



I love having an adult support system when The Brit is away...otherwise the children may not fair so well!




1 comment:

  1. If you'd just let me tell him about all the evils of Facebook and how he will give up 110% of his privacy by joining and you wouldn't have ever had to worry about this at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete