Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Perspective




1. So as the week draws to a close, I finally feel a sense of calm begin to settle over my spirit.� It's been a rough one; both in my work life and in my personal life.� It has been a process.



2. I always feel guilty when someone hurts my feelings; like it isn't something I am supposed to be feeling, like I shouldn't care if someone let me down or said something hurtful.� But I have had to accept this week that things did upset me and there was nothing wrong with that.� Maybe at times the ones who hurt me might not think I have cause to be hurt, but we all feel what we feel.� So, I allowed myself to feel what I felt and did not allow myself to feel guilty about it.



3.� I am not one to disown people and I don't plan on starting, but I did need time to work through my emotions about situations and words.� I needed time to forgive.� I needed time to get part way through my time of the month so that my hormones and emotions calmed down.� Today has thankfully been better.



4. I ran today for the first time in over a week, which I think also helped.� Drove out to a different park after work for a change of scenery, which Tod had suggested and though it was still rough going, I survived and felt better for doing it.



5. Still not sure how to deal with the petty situations at church but am working on it.� Not sure why churches can attract people who want to cause trouble and stir things up but they do.



6.� The Church Lady and I are still not speaking and Thursdays have never been so pleasant.� That is probably a bad attitude but it is keeping the peace.



7. I have loved this afternoon.� Rain, which we so needed and it must be Fall...I am wearing socks inside the house.



8. I have read two really good books in the last two days, which have probably also been helpful to me this week.� "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" has been on my reading list for a few years now and I picked it up at a thrift store last week.� Really good book.� Today, I finished "The Noticer" and have handed it off to The Brit to read.� It is a story about perspective that really made me think long and hard about some things.



9. All the books I had on hold at the library have decided to come in at the same time.� I am now moving onto "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks and then "Such a Pretty Face" by Cathy Lamb.� I spotted the latter at Walmart, took a photo of the cover and then looked it up online in the library catalogue.� I love that our library has that option and I can reserve books from the couch.



10. Tomorrow is fire pit and I took all the cushions off the deck this morning as it looked like it was going to rain.� The cushions had been a major haven for stink bugs.� I wish they would all die.



11. Interesting thing about "The Noticer".....one of the perspectives that is discussed is that you can change instantly...so someone agrees with Jimnotmike.



12. I have no idea what to make for dinner nor fire pit tomorrow night.� I think I have cookies in the freezer but that does not help me with dinner.



13. I may attend the Baltimore Running Festival by myself next month.� i have asked a few people about it a few months ago but no commitments.� I decided that if I really want to go, I don't need someone to go with (though if someone does want to go, I will certainly not turn it down).� They have the health expo and merchandize etc and I would just like to experience it.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others� comments. It�s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants




3 comments:

  1. Well...at least someone agrees with me! Books, books, books...when are you going to get to the one I gave you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rarely have I found myself in a situation that a run didn't help. It doesn't make the complication/problem go away but it gives me a better perspective. The Five People...is one of my favorite books. I say go to the festival even if it's by yourself. I would :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, I completely agree with you not wanting to Blog on the weekends.This missing Friday thing has got to stop! You should "Live Blog" FPF every week. Wouldn't that be fun? Oh wait...after last night, perhaps I retract that statement LOL

    ReplyDelete