Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hold Their Hearts


I am sitting here knowing I need to blog and having no freakin' idea what to blog about.� My heart is very full of prayers for so many people right now that it is at times, consuming. Without mentioning names:



One friend with maritial problems and money problems.

One friend whose father has had a life changing illness and her parents refuse to acknowledge God because they feel He is the cause of their problems.

The friend who is travelling to the state where these parents live to try to help in any way she can.

A niece and sister who have just left their state and all their friends to start over someplace else, and the great nephew who has been momentarily left behind so he can finish up his season in his high school sport. (he isn't living on his own obviously!)...these same people have just had an unexpected death in their family last month and are still grieving.



I can do very little for any of them other than to offer an ear to listen and to support them in prayer, but it's hard knowing people are suffering and are not sure what the answers are.� The parents who will not accept God or feels He has deserted them, break my heart.� God does not create the problems here on earth; we do that all by ourselves.� Our world is so imperfect, often due to all the things we are exposed to such as pollutions and chemicals and heaven only knows what else. We all go through many valleys in our lives but we never walk them alone.� EVER.� And it is often in the valley that the ground is the most fertile; it is the time when we often search for God.� When we are so low and in desperation that�we cry out to him and that is what makes me know that though He does not cause the problems, he will use them in ways we often cannot even imagine.



There is this current song playing on The Message on my Sirius radio that I am madly in love with.� If you haven't heard it, look it up on YouTube, but the song is called "Hold My Heart" and I pray these words for all my friends and loved ones in these situations where they are struggling.



 


How long must I pray, must I pray to You

How long must I wait, must I wait for You

How long 'till I see Your face

See You shining through



I'm on my knees

Begging You to notice me

I'm on my knees

Father, will You turn to me, yeah?



One tear in the dropping rain

One voice in a sea of pain

Could the Maker of the stars

Hear the sound of my breaking heart?



One life is all I am

Right now I can barely stand

If You're everything You say You are

Would You come close and hold my heart?



I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes

So much can slip away before I say goodbye

But if there's no other way

I'm done asking why



'Cause I'm on my knees

Begging You to turn to me

I'm on my knees

Father, will You run to me, yeah?



One tear in the dropping rain

One voice in a sea of pain

Could the Maker of the stars

Hear the sound of my breaking heart?



One life is all I am

Right now I can barely stand

If You're everything You say You are

Would You come close and hold my heart?



So many questions without answers

Your promises remain

I can't see but I'll take my chances

To hear You call my name

To hear You call my name



One tear in the dropping rain

One voice in a sea of pain

Could the Maker of the stars

Hear the sound of my breaking heart?



One life is all I am

Right now I can barely stand

If You're everything You say You are

Would You come close and hold my heart?



Hold my heart

Could You hold my heart?

Hold my heart.





Songwriters: Donehey, Michael; Ingram, Jason David; Larue, Phillip; performed by Tenth Avenue North








1 comment:

  1. Oh a religious post, did yo think I wouldn't comment? No we can't look to "god", he hasn't done anything to us. We've done it to ourselves or had it done to us. We are the only ones who can fix or help others fix it. It's a pretty song you referenced, I hope they use it one Glee. But ultimately I think is says what I've always said..."Fix yourself, don't pray to someone else to do it for you"

    ReplyDelete