Thursday, September 9, 2010

When Does It End?


So just how much trouble can one 15 year old kid get into less than a month into the new school year?� Holy hell, it never ends!� In the last two weeks, we have had the following:



 



  • Assignments not turned into the teacher.

  • Sleeping in class

  • Playing his ipod games in class (the ipod has been grounded to the house)

  • a stolen calculator.� He says a friend of his found it at the school and gave it to him.� It is now in the hands of the school.

  • A 52% on a test.


Am I missing anything?� So we have implemented several things for him:



  • The teachers are sending home progress reports each Friday.� If he gives them to me, and he has no missing work for the week, he gets his ipod for the weekend.

  • He now has an implemented study time, five nights a week from 7:15-8:00.


Why does this ADHD teenager thing have to be so damn difficult?� He is a likeable kid and capable of really good grades.� But he does not do homework and the work he does in class he forgets to turn in.� He makes stupid decisions like taking this calculator the kid offered, which The Genius admitted was school property.� I explained to him that maybe his "friend" stole it and didn't want to get caught, so he pawned it off to the first doofus he could find.� Enter The Genius.



He is currently sitting across the living room watching a football game with The Brit and I find myself wondering if he is even worried about the situation tomorrow as I emailed the math teacher and his guidance counselor, so we can make this calculator thing right.� Does ADHD even give him the capacity to be nervous over something that has not happened yet?



Anyway, I have been in serious fall cleaning�mode the last two days because I have a new love.





I have a terrible ladder phobia.� They scare me...I am scared to death of falling off the stupid things.� But this little gem that I asked The Brit to buy months ago, is the dog's whatsits.� It is safe and sturdy and has a place to put paint or glass cleaner or a bucket, the possibilities are endless!� It has opened up a whole new world of cleaning for me and it is cleaning without fear.� I just got this one out of the basement for the first time since we bought it and have marvelled at it for two days now as I have used it.� I have cleaned windows and washed curtains and painted the door frame.� I have cleaned blinds and removed cobwebs from the ceiling.� I am in love.� I may grow to love it more than my Dyson.



I really am a simple girl....so I can I please just have a semi-easy son?





No comments:

Post a Comment