Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday 13: Take Two




1. I just had this entire post written when my computer locked up and killed my post so leave lots of comments as I am rewriting the WHOLE FREAKING THING!



2. This week has had its difficult moments with The Genius.� When The Brit is away, The Genius forgets things like rules and manners.� This morning when I was at my desk, he walked in, and put a form on my desk and walked away without a word.� It was the form for the $55 athletic fee for Cross Country.� I told him tonight that until he learned to communicate what he needed I could not be bothered to write a check for him.� So far, he is still not communicating.



3. I have been awake since 3:49 this morning.� Just woke up and could not go back to sleep and then my alarm went off at 5:30 to run.� My run was crap, probably due to being up since 3:49.



4. I had a fight with The Church Lady (TCL)�this morning and when it happened The Council Member (TCM) was in my office and she could not believe how TCL picked the fight.� It started because TCM gave her a list of people from the early service who were willing to go into a rotation to read the lessons.� TCM suggested TCL put it on a calendar so people knew what month they had to read and TCL completely poo-pooed this idea as it is her way or the highway.� I was on the rotation and TCL remarked that I was her backup person (and I very rarely have to fill in for someone) and she also remarked that another man loved to read and might want to read more often than once every nine months (trust me, no one is lying awake in excitement waiting for their next month to lay read).� I told her that loved to lay read but she never asked me and she replied that I was in the praise band so she didn't want to use me (important to know that she uses several other praise band people and several people on the choir) and I told her it did not interfere with my praise band duties.� Then she said that the people sitting in the pews don't like to see the same person up there all the time.� So obviously, it is me she has a problem with.� I stood up and said "I have to use the bathroom and you don't listen to anything I say anyway." and I left the office.� When I returned she asked me a question she knew the answer to and I said, "Don't ask me; I don't know anything." Then she said, "Well, you do,� you just don't want to talk."� Nope honey, not to you.� Then she finished her bulletins and slammed out of the office.� A seventy year old tantrum and I don't care.� She is the most pessimistic person I know.



5. I am so glad it is a three day weekend and I have extra time in this week so I am going to leave early and go to the gym tomorrow before picking up The Lawyer when he returns from Outdoor school and maybe taking him to lunch.



6. I wonder if he will confess to having a good time or if he will play it cool and say it was awful.



7. I went shopping today and got an amazing pair of sandals at Penneys for 9.97.



8. For anyone wanting to be supportive, at our combined service on the 12th, at 10:15 I am doing the drama monologue "Rocks"for the sermon.� Would love to see some of you there.� I have always wanted to do this skit and hope I do not screw it up.



9. So due to this skit, I was trying to find the right shirt to wear for it today...but I couldn't find anything

I liked that matched the sandals.



10. I am really tired and hot.



11. I have no idea what I had written for the last few things before my internet became an asshat.



12. I did no housecleaning today and all and it was very freeing.



13. South Beach score after day 4: Pounds-5, poops-1, clogged toilets-1.� And Tod, thank you for the omelet suggestion.� This morning I had an omelet with cheese, onion and avocado and because I was so missing the sweetness of my toast and jam, I put a tablespoon of sugar free peach jam on it too and it was divine.� I am in love with the SB S'mores bars too...yum.� And not in love with tomorrow being the first fire pit night i cannot drink due to SB.� Le sigh.



 




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

 


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others� comments. It�s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants




1 comment:

  1. Drink Schmink! I didn't stop drinking for South Beach and I can't say it impeded my progress one bit. A glass of wine isn't going to hurt you. I'd just stay away from anything fruity and sweet. Rum has no carbs :-)

    ReplyDelete