Monday, September 20, 2010

Life Lessons; Always Learning


Okay, Jimnotmike, sorry about the lack of Friday blogging, but every other Friday especially is a blur.� First there is work, then gym, then home ever so briefly to try to get a few things done for fire pit Friday, then I have to pick The Genius up at school for his 3:10 therapy appointment that lasts an hour.� Then home to finish cleaning up the house and to get dinner started.� By the time we eat, I clean up dinner, sweep the deck and get the fire ready it is nearly 7:30.� So every other Friday especially, no time to breathe, yet alone blog.



I don't know yet if all of last week's baggage is finished for me or not.� I am still struggling with a�few aftershocks, especially when folks who were hurtful decide to give me their opinions about other more minor parts of my life.� If you aren't gonna support the big ones, why would I care about the minor stuff?�



I have learned that there are very few people I can truly rely on, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.� Maybe I have tried to put too much stock in what other people think to the point that I depend on their opinions too much and it is not a mistake I will be making again anytime soon.� I am far from perfect and I know I have made mistakes with relationships and people and will make them again in the future, but I pray that I am wise enough to see if I have done something hurtful and to try to make amends.� For as outspoken as I can be, I hope I am never intentionally hurtful with�friends I care about and if I am, I hope I can recognize what I have done and then right it.�



I have learned that people don't always understand how we react to things that are said and that is okay.� I don't need people to understand why I, at times, will go to the opposite extreme of what they are griping about, but as long as it makes sense to me, and gets the job done, they don't need to understand.� Sometimes people only see what is in front of them and not the bigger picture and I try really hard to see the bigger picture, because there is one, always.� Be thankful when your biggest problem is donuts.



I am also learning that my system now barely tolerates any kind sugar treat, which is both sad and liberating.� I ate a piece of sugar free chocolate pudding pie with lite cool whip last night and was miserable over it.� Had another similar thing happen over the weekend.� Probaby a good thing, even if a little bit sad.




1 comment:

  1. You know it's just cause I miss you. Especially when I'm on the road...your little corner of the blog world beings me back home...and not to my house, which is the important part. To your house! So for me your blog has become a daily dose of FPF...and you know how much I enjoy that, wine volcanos and all.

    ReplyDelete