Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Delightfully Calm Day


After a lousy week, today has been a vast improvement.

Slept in a little and then headed out to get my nails done.  After that, I finished my slide show of the mission trip as we are viewing it tomorrow in church and then Robyn and Lisa came over to "knit".  "Knit" is apparently girl talk for "talking" because no yarn was actually touched.  Lisa, sweet gal she is, made me a sugar free fruit trifle for my birthday and man, is it good!  No sugar added angel food cake, lots of fruit, sugar free pudding, sugar free cool whip, sugar free YUM!  Tasted delightfully  sinful for sugar free and I love it when that happens.

Robyn brought protein, er, shrimp and fat free cream cheese with cocktail sauce and healthy chips (Sun Chips and another kind).  I love my friends who are looking out for me even though they don't have to! Of course, Lisa looks amazing as she has lost like 71 pounds!  What really cracks me up, is the weight loss makes her look taller!  Now, how does that work?

Tonight, we went to dinner with Paula and her family and some of the youth group kids, and that is always fun.  Of course, my mother informed me yesterday that "You must be having a second childhood as you want to ride horses and some of your best friends are teenagers."  Yeah, so the war still wages apparently.  I guess that only kids ride horses, though many of them have hormonal issues as they look really old!  I love my youth kids too as they are fun, but we don't run around together.  Kirk and I have always been close; he has always been a kindred spirit for me and as he says, I have never treated him like a kid.  And you know what?  If these teens help to keep me young, I'm all for it.  I not only have a good time with them, but I listen to their problems when they have them and try to offer advice as an adult.  The kids trust Paula and I and that is worth it's weight in gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment