Friday, July 18, 2008

Three Month Check Up Fiasco


So on Tuesday, I had to go get three month blood work done as my three month check up is on Monday.  We have several labs in Hagerstown and The Brit directed me to one across town that is rarely busy and actually I was in it once and it was indeed quiet and I was in and out quickly.  So, I drove over there before work, hoping to make things short and to the point.

Only the place was packed.  I got a number from the machine: 42.  Looking up at the counter, only one woman was working it and it was now servicing # 32.  Great.  Ten people ahead of me who were not even checked in yet.  I sat down to wait and she finally lit up #33 and spent the next FIFTEEN MINUTES with #33.  Not being a real patient person, I gathered up my stuff, laid down my #42 on the bench and departed, heading for another lab closer to home.  This one was pretty empty and gazing at my watch, I saw I was already a half hour late for work.  I checked in at the desk and gave them the blood order and then the nurse came up once I had sat down and I could hear her asking questions about what exactly my blood order was asking for.  This went on for about ten minutes and then she was searching for the number for my surgeon, which she didn't have the right number and then she was asking me if I had the number and I did on my dead cell phone in the car.  So, out to the car I went to get my phone and my charger to plug in at the office to get her the number.

Finally it was all said and done and the blood was taken *shudder*.  So hopefully all my levels will be A-ok.

Still at the beach, soaking up the sun!



No comments:

Post a Comment