Thursday, July 31, 2008

StandStillVille


I have reached my first plateau since surgery.  Can I tell you it bites big time?  I have been sitting at 257 all week and have not gotten the scale to budge.  Of course, VBS has not allowed me time for any walks or biking either, which is probably not helping.  By the time I get home from work, I have enough time to do a little house cleaning or laundry before it is time to head back to the church and by the time I get home at night, it is getting dark outside.  I'll be glad to get back to my routine.

I had heard in the WLS community that plateaus happen, but nothing can really prepare you when you have been happily averaging about a pound lost each day to suddenly come to a screeching halt.  My eating hasn't really changed much other than really making an effort to have more protein in order to get that number up by my six month check up.  So is there a magical way to jump start the scale into moving again?  Of course, I can't be too upset at the moment because the gal who used to wear a 3x shirt, had on a 1x last night that was a little big, but still, it will be a relief to see the scale moving downward once more.

Saturday is Aaron's birthday and we are heading to Frederick to go bike shopping.  He wants a new bike and The Brit is also in the market for one.  So after Saturday, we will be a four bicycle family for the first time ever. 

Isn't life wonderful?

I have been reading "The Shack" and am finding it totally interesting.  Not a dull read at all and there have been lines I have had to go back reread a few times to be able to grasp what the author is saying.  While a work of fiction, the Holy Trinity is just presented in a way that for me anyway, helps me to understand it better.  I have always grappled with that concept and though the author may not have it right (none of us will know what is right this side of heaven) it is definately helping me in this life.  Go buy it.  Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment