Monday, July 14, 2008

The Halfway Mark


Most of you know that I love summer.

Mostly, I love the heat as opposed to the dreadful cold of winter.  In the winter months, I can never seem to get warm and I fear this winter will be even worse because I am rapidly losing insulation (one more pound and I have UNDER 100 pounds to lose to get to my goal!  Stupid scale didn't move this morning!)!  However, about this time, about mid-July, I start to become eager for summer vacation to be over.  It happens sometime between the vacuuming up of dental floss in the living room and the wondering why the furniture in the dining room has been completely rearranged while I was upstairs cleaning out my closet.  The tide begins to turn when the carefree noises of children playing turns into near death threats as they threaten to kill each other and suddenly, the six weeks until school starts cannot get here fast enough.  That commercial with the parents dragging their kids through the store to buy school supplies while singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"??  Yeah, I totally get that.

So it seems someone tried to break into our house while I was in DC last week.  Two of our screens had been taken out of the windows but as we keep the windows locked at night no one got in.  Of course, we notified the police and they will be patrolling the area.  It has always amazed me how people seem to think they have the right to steal from anyone else.  That is a sense of entitlement I will never understand nor do I want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment