Monday, July 21, 2008

Three month post op


So there was good and bad at the doctor's apppointment today.

The good:

Most of my numbers look good.

In three months I have lost 32% of my excess weight.  By six months, most people have lost 50% so I am slightly ahead of the game.  I have only to lose like 27 pounds in three months to be right on track and I am averaging close to 20 pounds per month now.

The bad:

I need to go back to Flintstone vitamins.  I am very slightly deficient in some of the vitamins I should be getting from my One A Day and Pat said that their nutritionalist swears by the chewables because they are better absorbed.  I find the chewables disgusting, but I will try to do it and smile.

Though my calcium looks good I need to be taking three doses of it a day.

The Ugly:

My protein is low, putting me into the mildly to moderately malnourished catagory.  I don't know how easily these numbers move, but I am currently at a 12.9 and to get to normal, I need to be at a 17 minimally, but the range is 17-42.

So, all in all, not too bad.  The way I see it is you don't know where you stand until your first labs, and once you know, you know where the work has to be done.  Meat has recently gotten easier for me, so I just need to increase my intake of it daily.  It's either that or find a good protein supplement and that seems impossible, so we'll go with the meat thing.

I saw my oldest brother tonight at my sister's father's viewing and he couldn't get over how good I looked.  It felt really good to hear, despite how much more I have to go.  What I can't get over is how really good I feel and I'll be increasing my protein to make sure it stays that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment