Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Guest Blogger Kelly


The Cost of Being Ill   


 


Had planned for something a little more interesting, but then I succumbed to illness and kept thinking I can’t afford to be sick!  My original thought was I couldn’t afford the lost time of being sick, but then I started thinking about the actual cost and figured this for my run of the mill sinus infection:


 


Copayment at the doctor’s                           $15.00


Antibiotic                                                       $15.00


Mucinex – Generic form                                 $9.99


Nasal Spray (so I can breath again!)            $3.99


Vapor Rub – Generic form                             $3.99


Head On Headache Relief                            $4.99


Tissues                                                        $3.99


Premium chicken soup for a couple of days   $5.00


 


$61.95 for a freakin’ sinus infection!  And that’s with good insurance and a decent pharmacy plan!  To heck with the time, I literally can’t afford to be sick!   Really makes me wonder how those without insurance manage. 


 


On an upside – USA Network has been running “Law and Order” marathons the past couple of days and I actually managed to wake up long enough to watch one I’ve never seen before!


 


I promise next time I guest blog (provided I’m asked) I’ll make a little more interesting and maybe include some photos.  For now congestion and icky tissues are all I know.


 


Wishing you all a sinus-infection free summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment