Saturday, July 5, 2008

I want to ride my.....



I promise to update tomorrow on the mission trip as today other interesting things have happened. 

The kids went with their grandmother for a little bit this afternoon, and The Brit told me we were going for a ride but would not tell me where we were going.  We drove to Frederick, which is about 25 miles away and when it was all said and done, I had an early birthday present:



The salesman took the bike outside the shop for me so I could try it out and I was scared to death.  I am turning 42 this month and have not ridden a bike since I was fifteen or sixteen.  Surprisingly, other than being a little wobbly, I did all right and was rather pleased with myself, though I had been convinced that The Brit and the salesman would be picking me up off the sidewalk!

I did take a little spin on it this evening, and again, a little scary, but I'm thinking it will get easier the more I ride it!  Thought for sure I'd be falling off when I came down our street and turned into the alley to take it around back, but somehow I did okay!  So, bike riding was one of the things on my list of what I wanted to do after WLS and I did it!

We had some major rain tonight and my kids, being a bit like me and insane, decided it was as good as a pool.



This was right beside the curb in the street!



And everyone knows you can jump higher on a wet trampoline!



No comments:

Post a Comment