Saturday, July 12, 2008

Women of Faith 2008


Wednedsay night, I blogged three posts for you; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, because Thursday afternoon, Robyn and I headed for Washington DC for the Women of Faith conference.  I have attended this conference for the past six or seven years and every year I am reminded of how much I treasure this gathering of girlfriends. 

I try to go into the conference weekend with an open heart, ready to listen to what God has for me.  His message often comes from a different speaker each year and it may be as simple as a sentence at times, that strikes my heart and lets me know that was what He wanted me to hear.  This year was no different and though I'm not going to go into detail, there has been something I've been struggling with.  It's been a really hard thing for me that I've been beating myself up about mentally and today God gave me my wake up call.  I could so see myself mirrored in the words that were spoken and I am reminded of the tremendous blessing God has given me.  I am also reminded that I have been trying to handle this issue on my own and that is just not possible for me to do.  I need to start each morning with God time, asking for His help with this problem during the day.  Doing it on my own has not been working and sometimes we just have to let go and let God.  He already knows my struggle in this area and has been waiting for me to talk to Him about it and I did that today.

I can already feel the tide starting to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment