Sunday, July 20, 2008

I don't wanna dwive....


That little title was especially for Lisa.

I don't know how commuters do it, but I was obviously not cut out to be a commuter because after the past three weeks, I am sick to death of driving!  Drove on the mission trip, to and from and all around Mon Valley.  Was home less than a week and drove to Shady Grove to catch the metro to go to Women of Faith.  Less than a week later, drove to and from Ocean City.  The very next day, drove to the airport.  Tomorrow, drive to Baltimore for my check up.  Wednesday back to the airport.  ARGGGG!  I'm not complaining about any of the destinations, just about the getting there and back!

Usually, I love to drive and I love a good road trip, but this has been a lot in a short period of time and it is kicking my butt!  I'm dog tired tonight!

My oldest sister's father passed away on Thursday (my mom's first husband) so tomorrow evening, I am going to the viewing, though I won't be able to make the funeral.  I only met the man once but I know my sister was close to him and was planning to be here this week (She lives in Henderson, NV now) to spend time with him as he has been sick with cancer.  Sadly, he died before they ever took off.

I recently spent some time with a recovering alcoholic, who likened becoming sober to "coming out of the darkness".  When we were talking about that and about my WLS and I told her about my next goal of horseback riding, she smiled, "Coming out of the darkness and living your dreams.  You're doing the same thing as me."

Coming out of the darkness.  It's a blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment