Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally Finished


Another year of VBS has come to a close.  Praise God.  It went well; about twenty kids this year, which while way down from last year, we were competing with two other local churches who had their VBS this week too.  Tonight was our closing, with a skit, a slide show (parents are invited the last night), pizza for all, and then water games outside.  The water was a huge hit.  We had Slip N Slides, water balloons, wet sponge tag and wading pools for the smaller kids.  Everyone went home wet, tired and happy.

My scale moved today...Hooray!  Only a pound but movement is movement.  In celebration of this event, my pouch got bitchy today and nothing made it happy.  In turn, it made me feel sluggish and rather yucky but that could be combined with just being tired after such an insane week.

My friend, Kim, came through her gallbladder surgery like the rockstar that she is!  She is home and back to blogging already.  So glad that God hears our prayers.

And speaking of God, I am telling you guys to go read The Shack.  It is different from any Christian fiction book I have ever read; so much to think about!  It just makes me think about things a little bit differently and is a quick and fascinating read!  Go! Get. The. Book. Now!



No comments:

Post a Comment