Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Shack


What am amazing book. 

I have just finished it, Monday night, though this post will not hit until Tuesday morning.  I so encourage Christians to read it.  Though a work of fiction, the way the author explains things just makes me think and many times, I found myself nodding my head, mentally saying "Yes!"

Just a quote or two to intrigue you:

"I don't want to be the first among a list of values; I want to be at the center of everything.  When I live in you, then together, we can live through everything that happens to you."

"but rules will never give you answers to the deep questions of the heart and they will never love you."

There are so many more quotes.  I spent my time reading the second half of this book with a highlighter in my hand.  I'll be rereading it again with my Sunday School class in September.  It's THAT good and I want to share it.



Click on the link to visit the site or your local bookstore should have it, but please, read it.  Even if you hate it, I promise you will think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment