Thursday, August 14, 2008

Glimpses of 315


I've realized this week that I still don't completely accept the fact that I am, indeed, shrinking.

Yes, I get delighted over being able to purchase smaller sizes and my energy level is usually through the roof, but there are times I still that 315 pound girl that I was for several years.  I was bored yesterday and wandered back to the yard sale room at church (Anyone who likes a good yard sale, head to Christ Lutheran tomorrow and Saturday.  We have two whole rooms full of stuff to sell and all proceeds go to local charities) to see if I had overlooked any good clothing.  I have been a bit wistful in what I have purchased thus far; anything from a size 1x down to a very ambitious size 12.  But yesterday in looking through the clothing racks, I had a moment of complete excitement over finding several tops in size 3x. 

I am no longer a 3x in a shirt.  More like a 1x at the moment.  Now a year ago, finding 3x tops in good condition would have been wonderful but surprisingly, I had the same reaction yesterday that I would have had at 315 pounds, before my new reality settled in with me.  It was just the oddest thing because in every other aspect of my life, I am very aware of how much weight I have lost and I have resolved that I am not going to be the girl who always feels fat, even if I get to a size 10.

Okay, gotta go.  Youth gathering at my place this evening and I still have stuff to do.  This has been one insane week!



No comments:

Post a Comment